Thursday, January 06, 2005

Hassan al Banna

dipetik daripada http://www.maschicago.org/library/misc_articles/hassan_banna.htm

O define Imam Hassan El Banna as he saw himself, I am going to use his answer to a Western journalist who asked him: “Tell me who are you?” The Imam responded: “I am a tourist who is seeking the truth, and a human who is searching for the meaning of his humanity amongst people, and a citizen who wants dignity, freedom, stability, and a good life for his nation, in the shade of the Upright Islam. I am a selfless person who, as he found the secret for his existence, called out: ‘My prayers, my sacrifice, my living and my dieing are all devoted to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. He has no partner. This is what I have been commanded, and I am the first of Muslims’. This is who I am, who are you?”

Dalam petikan lain, beliau mengatakan...

“No one knows but Allah, how many nights we used to spend examining the situation of the Muslim Ummah, and what it had reached in all aspects of its life. We used to analyze the diseases and the possible remedies. The impact of our pain, for what we had reached (of misery), overflowed and, indeed, made us cry. We used to wonder when we found ourselves very busy with this serious business, while others were roaming the streets between cafes and nightclubs.
And if you had asked one of these people about their indulgence in these useless and wasteful activities of theirs, he would say that he was killing time. Does not this poor person know that killing time means killing oneself! For time is life itself. We used to wonder about these people, the intellectuals in particular. We thought that they are the ones who should carry that banner and the responsibility. We used to say to each other: ‘isn’t this a disease of the diseases of the Ummah? May be it is the most dangerous one; that it does not think of its disease, and it does not work for a cure to cure itself. For this we do work. And to reform that corruption we dedicated ourselves. Our condolence, thanks to Allah, that Allah has made us amongst those who call unto Him, and work for His Sake”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home