Monday, June 28, 2004

Assalamualaikum wbt...

I just came back from Wilson Promontory for the second time this week. Alhamdulillah, there was not many problems the first time... recalling what had happened. It was a pretty scary experience in the beginning since the first trip consists of just all girls. Qaanitaat and Qaanitaat II(?). Melbourne city and Clayton's sisters joined the trip. Our first session apart from eating was that we had a war game. Nikster became the panglima perang this time. We trekked the small hill to the other side into Sqeaky Beach. When we reached the beach, subhanallah, it was a really beautiful experience. It was sooo beautiful. I might insert some pictures later after my pictures are washed. I noticed the beautiful pattern the waves created on the sand.. one of Allah swt's artistic features of nature. And watching the waves splashing on the rocks and the beach, all those mighty waves. Beautiful. Just beautiful. I got wet from my toes to my waist while playing on the beach. A friend of mine commented on the beautiful waves. It's such a wonder how these waves are constantly generated by itself... for humans to generate waves that huge and constantly, we need to build a really (100x) huge motor to generate waves of the pacific or atlantic ocean. Imagine if the sea had no waves at all, and it was human's duty to generate them to equalize the ecosystem. I can't imagine how huge a motor we would need to do that task. But Allah has eased that task for us by creating waves. It's just one of His signs and blessings. Yet, humans are always not thankful. Astaghfirullah...

The night before, during the "Heart to heart" session with our friends, a lot of emotions were shared. The Clayton sisters were probably very new to us and not much personal emotions were shared, compared to Qaanitaat i think. That was when i got a picture of the background of Qaanitaat before we were destined to meet in Australia early last year. I had also known them, but not all of them had shared their deep emotions with me. Or there were some stories i knew of, and some i didn't. Qaanitaat came from very different backgrounds, some from the city, some from the rural areas. There are those from full boarding school and was taught with complete ibadah knowledge.. and those like me and nik who didn't have that sort of opportunity and had lots of catching up to do here. But despite all these differences, we are united, because of Islam. Because of that, there exists a very beautiful sisterhood between us. The sisterhood of Islam. No bond stronger than this can unite us this firmly. This is the bond of Islam. I still remembered nikster's words which we so beautiful, it's like when she said it, there was magic and sparkles everywhere. It was the truth, it did not just happen to her. Even though she was the only one who expressed it verbally. I do admire nikster for her abilities to put lots of her feelings into words, an ability where there is a lot of room of improvement to be done for me. I still remember one of our first meetings, where we gathered together to seek knowledge in Allah's path. It was the journey of our soul. It was a self discovery and wake up process.

My story was almost like another friend's. I had no problems with studies, was always a teacher's pet. I am sure many of my friends went through the same thing in high school here. My results was always one of the best. And my peak period during my high school lifetime was in form 3 and form 5 where me and my friends managed to win many awards for our school. I was considered a good girl not because i was religious. I wasn't. It was because i was a good student. A book worm. That was me. I did all these things for the certificate, so i can study overseas, get a good job, get married.. have kids. A typical life for those who do not understand that there is more to life that just "myself.."... even when the Prophet Muhammad saw passed away.. his last words were "Ummati..ummati.." ,"my nation..my nation". How selfish i was!

Then i came to Australia. My whole life changed. I still remember when Uncle used to talk about Islam to us. He explained clearly what is islam... what is being a muslim about... how beautiful islam is.. when you say laila hailallah, what does it really mean. I remember nikster explained it something like this. And by this time, i felt there were sparkles around her. This process to get to know Islam happened until i started to ask myself, "have i really been a good muslim?". It was time to change. I have seen many sisters being so selfless for Islam, and I totally respected them. But it never occured to me to be like them someday. But Allah had other plans for me and my friends. Allah knows best.

That was how we met. Though as time passed one by one of us could not pull it through and had to pull out, but the bits of pieces that are left are starting to be put together again. The picture is becoming clearer, if it hadn't already has. Allah had made it happen. And Allah will make it happen someday, insya Allah. It is His promise. And Allah always keeps His promise. Though we may not be able to see it happen, but the chain of Islam must go on. Islam Will Prevail.

"Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion - the one which He has chosen for themand that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: 'They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me. 'If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked. " An-Nuur:55





2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam, Namaste, Hello, Greetings....
I found your blog by accident. I am confused by your recent post about Jews & Ariel Sharon and Bush and Mosquitos and bees...

Are you a Jihadi or do you think people of all faiths should coexist peacefully?

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger RR said...

Hi Namaste,
If 1.3 billion mosquitoes can kill Bush, what about 1.3 billion men. No idea what a jihadi is. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home