Monday, July 12, 2004

Back from holidays!

 I just came back from Brisbane.. it was more than 24 hours drive from Melbourne. The brothers took turn to drive the sisters' van because they didn't have confidence in the sisters to drive efficiently (fast?) and safely because.. well.. ermm.. we were all in a 13 seater van.. how fast dya expect we can go. And usually sisters aren't able to drive long hours compared to the brothers. And also because the brothers love the sisters because of Allah, and they are very protective and want the best for us , right? :) . But the sisters do take turns to drive during short distances only. Like for just 2-3 hours distances .

Anyway, I met 3 beautiful sisters from Brisbane. There are actually 4, but I have known one of them for quite some time already, so I don't have to mention about you Mas right? :) These sisters entertained us so well in Brisbane, that it felt so hard to part with them coz we all had started to love them so much.

Salwa... The motherly (erm.. maybe not that extreme.. just sisterly) figure amongst us. I seem to go to her and say this often "I want to go to the toilet!" whenever she brings us out. I can't believe she's not my mother for me to say that.. u must have had a real influence on me to respect and love u that way big sister !(though she's just my age :) ). Salwa... also known as the walking map.(Comment: Hey how some we got lost in Brisbane on the way home from mount Coot-tha after witnessing the sunrise? I take back my praise!! :P ). This calm and mature figure will keep u feel protected all the time.

Nadia... Hey i just realized i met u last year before u came to Australia! You were really worried u couldn't study overseas weren't u then? But now, there you are! I can't believe you are a Pharmacy student! This crazy sister will keep u entertained all the time. Behind this hoo-haa sister, there lies a heart of gold, yearning for the light of Islam to shine within. Like how all of us do. Inni uhubbuki fillah.. I love you because of Allah.

Shahida a.k.a. Rabbit... I still cannot accept why everybody calls her rabbit when she has such a beautiful name. This funny, soft spoken, kind, good hearted sister is actually a computer whiz. She's very quiet and polite, but don't underestimate her silence!

Even though I have just met all of you, I feel as if we've known each other for so long. Though we were not destined to meet again in Melbourne within a short while, but all of you have left footprints in my heart. And may Allah always be with us, insya allah.

Laa takhaf, wa laa tahzan, innallaha ma'ana.
"Dont be afraid, do not be sad, for Allah is with us."
Insya Allah..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home